Thursday, September 15, 2005

Prayer for Arthur....


Build me a son, O Lord, who will be strong enough to know when he is weak
And brave enough to face him self when he is afraid,
One who will be proud and unbending in honest defeat,
And humble and gentle in victory

Build me a son whose wishes will not take the place of deeds
A son who will know Thee__
And that to know himself is the foundation stone of knowledge

Lead him, I pray, not in the path of ease and comfort
But under the stress and spur of difficulties and challenge
Here let him learn to stand up in the storm
Here let him learn compassion for those who fail

Build me a son whose heart will be clean
Whose goal will be high
A son who will master himself before he seeks to master other men
One who will reach into the future,
Yet never forget the past.

And after all these things are his,
Add, I pray, enough of a sense of humor
So that he may always be serious,
Yet never take himself too seriously.
Give him humility,
So that he may always remember the simplicity of true greatness,
The open mind of true wisdom,
And the weakness of true strength.

Then I, his father, will dare to whisper,
“I have not lived in vain”

Prayer for Arthur
By General Douglas McArthur (1880 – 1964)

puisi ini bagus, esp buat yang mau me-momong buah hatinya (atau yang menuju kesana:).
selamat.....

No comments: